CONTACT THE AUSU WEBMASTER
Check for your problem in this list. If it's not here, use the contact form below.
- I created an account, but didn't get the confirmation email: (Answer)
- It says I do not have an account, but I am an AU student: (Answer)
- I've never registered, but it's saying my student ID is in use: (Answer)
- I want to update information on my account: (Answer)
- I changed my address/email address through MyAU - does that update AUSU as well? (Answer)
- My account was created months/years ago. Is it still active? (Answer)
- I'm a graduate student - can I join AUSU.org? (Answer)
- I forget my username and/or password: (Answer)
- When I try to login I receive the message Login Attempts Exceeded: (Answer)
- I'm trying to find information on my courses, such as grades, enrolment status, etc.: (Answer)
- I'm not getting messages from Study Buddy, the Bulletins system, or the discussion forums: (Answer)
- I have an account for the AUSU forums. Do I need another one for other site areas, such as student clubs? (Answer)
- Why do you require me to validate the account before I can use it? (Answer)
- Why do you ask for personal contact information for your accounts? (Answer)
- Is the information I provide for my account safe? Will you share it? (Answer)
Use this form to comment on the AUSU website, or to request your assistance.
If you have a question, please check the self serve tips before writing,
as you may find the information to resolve your issue immediately.
- I created an account, but didn't get the confirmation email.
The validation email should arrive within minutes of completing the registration form, but allow up to half an hour.
Check your spam filters and deleted items. If you cannot locate it, use the form above to let the Webmaster know
what happened and we'll manually validate your account. Include your email address and student ID.
- It says I do not have an account, but I am an AU student
AUSU and AU are separate organizations. Your AUSU membership begins on the date your undergrad course begins, and
ends when your course ends. However, your website account is not created automatically. Use the registration link
in the login box on our front page to create your account. You only need to register once.
- I've never registered, but it's saying my student ID is in use
Contact us and we'll check the account linked to your ID. In every case where this has occured, the student has
created an account some time ago and simply forgotten. However, there is the potential for another student to
mistype their student ID, so we will check the name and contact information on the account to make sure. If it's
an old account that you created, we'll provide you with your login information.
- I want to update information on my account.
Log in through our front page and then select the "account & member info" link in the login box. This will take you to a page with a link to update your account. Make sure your email address is up to date or you won't get messages from Study Buddy, the Bulletin Boards, or the Forums. You can change anything on your account except your Student ID and Username. If you want a new username, please use the form above to contact the webmaster.
- I changed my address/email address through MyAU - does that update AUSU as well (or vice versa)?
No. Changes made in MyAU or through any other university office will update your contact information with all university departments. It will also upate the mailing list AUSU receives for hard copy mailings, but not our website. Similarly, updates to our records will not update your record with the university. If you have moved or have a new email address, please update both the university, and your AUSU.org account. You can update your contact info by using the process outlined in the question above.
- My account was created months/years ago. Is it still active?
Most likely. We do not automatically delete accounts that are not used. Use the form above to contact the Webmaster for your login information.
- I'm a graduate student - can I join AUSU.org?
AU graduate students do not pay fees to AUSU and are not AUSU members. All AU undergrads do pay fees and are AUSU members. As a grad, you are represented by the AU Graduate Students' Association (GSA), which is currently in development. However, you are very welcome on the AUSU site and may create an account to use our forums, Study Buddy, chatroom and other online services. Until the GSA is operational, we are also happy to advocate for you, provide advice, and hear about issues affecting your AU studies. We regret that we cannot provide awards or bursaries, newsletters or handbooks to AU grads because these are cost-based services funded by member fees. The GSA may choose to join some AUSU programs to allow the inclusion of graduate students. Visit http://gsa.athabascau.ca/ for information on the GSA.
- I forget my username and/or password
No problem! Click Request Password and complete the form and a new password will be sent to your email address.
- Login Attempts Exceeded
If you cannot login because you have attempted to login several times with the incorrect password, you must Reset Your Password and a new password will be sent to your email address.
- I'm trying to find information on my courses, such as grades, enrolment status, etc.
AUSU cannot provide this information. You need to go to the university website at www.athabascau.ca and log in to MyAU through the link on the top of the page. AUSU has no access to student academic records and only asks for information relating to an academic records for bursary and award applications.
- I'm not getting messages from Study Buddy, the Bulletins system, or the discussion forums.
Log in to our site and then select the "account & member info" link from the front page login box. Select "View and Update Your Account" to check if the email address on your account is current. If it is, please contact the webmaster with the form above."
- I have an account for the AUSU forums. Do I need another one for other site areas, such as student clubs?
No. A single registration on AUSU.org provides access to the discussion forums, chatroom, bulletins system, Study Buddy and the student clubs.
- Why do you require me to validate the account before I can use it?
Many AUSU systems, such as Study Buddy, the Bulletin Boards and the Forums system, will use your email address if you opt to receive notices. If the address is wrong, you may be waiting for a reply not not know that they are not getting through to you. To ensure this does not happen, we use a validation process to ensure the email address is correct. However, this does not mean that you will get email from our website if you do not want it. You must voluntarily post a notice on Study Buddy or the Bulletin boards, and the forums will ony send you notices of new posts if you select that option. You may opt out of our email newsletters with a checkbox in your account info.
- Why do you ask for personal contact information for your accounts?
We ask for your student ID to ensure that each user is a valid AUSU member, and that you have only one account. Experience has shown that when people can create multiple accounts with false information, it provides an opportunity for "trolling" (the practice of making antagonistic posts on a forum to incite anger and argument). Also, when non-members can create accounts, the forums can be used by advertisers who post spam in the forums. We ask for your address as a means to validate your identity if you contact us for assistance with your account. We do NOT use it to comprise a mailing list for hardcopy materials. Our mailing list comes directly from the university.
- Is the information I provide for my account safe? Will you share it?
Yes. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the security of our system. While we cannot guarantee that our site is impervious to even the most sophisticated hacking attempts (even large corporations like banks could have their information compromised under extraordinary circumstances), we maintain a high level of security and regulary have our systems updated and reviewed by people who are trained in web security. We will not sell or share your information with any advertiser or other third party. The Study Buddy and Bulletin Systems are set up so that you can post a message to the membership and receive replies without your email address ever being listed on the website or available for spammers. Instead, the system will use the email address on your file to send you a message when someone selects your posting.