During the September 9, 2015 AUSU Council meeting, two council members were elected to the two vacant Executive positions. The new Executives are:
- VP Finance and Administration – Brandon Simmons
- VP External and Student Affairs – Colleen Doucette
Council also decided on the members of the AUSU Committees, as follows:
- Finance Committee –VPFA Brandon Simmons as Chair, President Shawna Wasylyshyn, Megan Daigneault, Kim Newsome, Philip Kirkbride, Pierre Plamondon, Tamra Ross, Laura Zhu, and Executive Director Sarah Cornett (non-voting).
- Awards Committee – Kim Newsome as Chair, President Shawna Wasylyshyn, Megan Daigneault, Philip Kirkbride, Laura Zhu, and Executive Director Sarah Cornett (non-voting).
- Member Engagement and Communication Committee (MECC) – VPEX Colleen Doucette as Chair, President Shawna Wasylyshyn, Kim Newsome, Philip Kirkbride, Tamra Ross, Executive Director Sarah Cornett (voting member) and Donette Kingyens as key resource person.
A motion was also passed to create an ad hoc Forensic Audit Recommendation Committee, in response to a motion passed at the 2015 AGM recommending AUSU engage a third party independent auditing firm, specializing in forensic audits, to perform a forensic audit of AUSU finances for the 2014/2015 fiscal year. In order to address this motion from the membership, AUSU is forming an ad hoc committee to research the issue including the terms, cost, and cost benefit of a forensic audit, and bring a recommendation to Council for consideration. The committee will consist of 4 council members, and 2 non-council members, who will be determined shortly.
- Forensic Audit Committee – Philip Kirkbride, Kim Newsome, Pierre Plamondon, and Brandon Simmons.
If you have any questions about these roles or committees, please contact [email protected].