Enter to Win a FREE AU Course in our #igo2AU Contest!
Get more involved with AUSU for a chance to win a FREE undergraduate course at Athabasca University!
Up to 5 entries possible per person. See the official contest rules below for details.
#igo2AU Contest! Official Rules
To Enter: Complete any of the tasks listed in the entry options section. One entry will be awarded for each task that is successfully completed, up to a maximum of 5 entries per person. Entering the contest is free and you will be entered into the draw upon successfully completing one of the entry option tasks and emailing your entry to [email protected]usu.org along with your name and student ID number. ONLY ONE ENTRY TASK PER EMAIL. Entries need to be completed fully and submitted to AUSU by 11:59PM MDT on November 30, 2016. AUSU will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. AUSU is not responsible for any change of email address of entrants. More entry options may be added during the duration of the contest and will be updated in the entry options section. Updates will also be provided via AUSU social media.
Entry Options: In order to receive an entry, you must fully complete one task as described below and email your entry before November 30, 2016 at 11:59PM MDT. All entries must be received by email at [email protected], and must include your name and AU student id number. Only one entry per person will be accepted for each task specified below, up to 5 entries total. EACH ENTRY MUST BE EMAILED SEPARATELY.
- Tell us your 3 favorite services offered by AUSU and why you like them!
- Submit a screenshot or picture of yourself using the AUSU Mobile App.
- “Like” Athabasca University Students’ Union on Facebook, comment on one of our posts, and submit a screenshot or picture of this comment. NOTE: THE SCREENSHOT MUST CLEARLY SHOW THAT THE COMMENT IS CONNECTED TO A POST MADE BY AUSU.
- “Follow” @athabascausu on Twitter, and submit your “Twitter handle”.
- “Follow” Athabasca University Students’ Union on LinkedIn, and submit your LinkedIn name.
- Use the hashtag #igo2AU in a post on Facebook or Twitter and submit a screenshot or picture of the post.
- Complete an AUSU Course Evaluation, and submit a screenshot or picture of the “thank you for completing the survey” screen.
- Ask a candidate a question in the AUSU by-election forum between September 19 – October 3, and submit a screenshot or picture of your question in the forum.
- RSVP for an AUSU public council meeting or member consultation to [email protected] AND [email protected], and then attend that meeting by teleconference. The upcoming meetings are listed on our website here.
The Draw: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on December 5, 2016 from all eligible entries received by AUSU by the stated deadline. The winner will be contacted via the email used to submit their entry and the winner’s name will be announced via AUSU social media.
The Prize: Approximate retail value (ARV) and odds of winning
- ARV – The approximate retail value ranges depending on location of the selected entrant.
- One (1) prize of one voucher good for one Athabasca University 3-credit undergraduate course will be awarded. The free course voucher must be used by September 30, 2017. No cash alternative or any other substitute will be provided. The voucher cannot be used for courses already in progress.
- AUSU staff and councillors are not eligible to enter.
- In order to win the prize, the entrant must sign a declaration which (i) provides AUSU with the entrant’s full name (printed) and signature and (ii) contains a statement that the entrant has read, understood and complied with these Official Contest Rules and the entrant is eligible to enter according to these Official Contest Rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant. The winner will be contacted by email.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with these contest rules on or before January 15, 2017, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must also sign a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the Contest rules. Communication will only be entered into with the potential winner. AUSU reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner.
- No refunds or compensation will be given if the winner withdraws or fails the free course.
Terms of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. AUSU reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from e-mail after three attempts, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts, after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by AUSU.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by AUSU that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to AUSU to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
By accepting their prize, winner agrees to hold harmless AUSU and its respective affiliates, council, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of AUSU.
If you have any questions about this contest, please contact [email protected].