Candidates Announced for 2018 General Election
AUSU is holding a general election in February 2018. The call for nominations period was from January 26 to February 7, and we are pleased to announce we have 15 nominees!
To find out more about each candidate, just click on their name! Feel free to ask questions in each candidates blog page! (Note: Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name).
- Sarah Blayney Lew (Kingston, ON)
- Sandra Boivin (Montreal, QC)
- Brittany T.M. Daigle (Toronto, ON)
- Natasha Donahue (Barrhead, AB)
- Darcie Fleming (Lethbridge, AB)
- Melinda Goertz (Athabasca, AB)
- Christine Hudder (Palmer Rapids, ON)
- Amanda Lipinski (Prince George, BC)
- Alice Namu (Toronto, ON)
- Lisa Oracheski (Edmonton, AB)
- Lionel Pinkhard (South Africa)
- Joshua Ryan (Orleans, ON)
- Brandon Simmons (Duffield, AB)
- Mark Teeninga (Stoney Creek, ON)
- Julian Teterenko (Edmonton, AB)
The voting period will be from February 28 to March 6, 2018. The ballots will be emailed directly to all AUSU members on February 28.
Want to learn more about the candidates?
Check out AUSU’s Election Forum here and feel free to post questions to the candidates online.
You can also attend the AUSU Teleconference Election Debates. The dates and times for the debates are listed below. The instructions to join the teleconference are online here.
|Feb 20 at 1pm MT||February 22 at 6pm MT||Feb 24 at 1pm MT|
|Natasha Donahue||Brittany T. M. Daigle||Sara Blayney Lew|
|Darcie Fleming||Lana Deets||Sandra Boivin|
|Melinda Goertz||Alexandria Kowalski||Natasha Donahue|
|Christine Hudder||Alice Namu||Melinda Goertz|
|Alice Namu||Brandon Simmons||Alexandria Kowalski|
|Jenna Mohamed||Paddy Storey||Amanda Lipinski|
|Lisa Oracheski||Mark Teeninga||Lionel Pinkhard|
|Julian Teterenko||Julian Teterenko||Joshua Ryan|
If you have ideas for questions to ask the candidates, come on out to the debates, join the forum, or email your ideas to [email protected].
Questions or Concerns?
To find out more about the AUSU elections, visit our website here.
Email any questions or concerns to the Chief Returning Officer, Jacqueline Keena, at [email protected].