AUSU will be proposing amendments to the Bylaws as well as policy 6.08 Financial Management: Membership Fees at the next two public council meetings.
You can access the revised documents using the links below:
The rationale behind the proposed changes includes the following:
- Various language changes to bring the bylaws up to date with current legislation and processes;
- Term changes for clarity (i.e.: changing executive council to executive committee);
- Adding in language to support the AUSU fee refund philosophy in alignment with the AU refund process; and
- Minor changes to the membership fees policy to ensure alignment with the AUSU bylaws, specifically regarding AUSU fee refunds for withdrawn courses.
To ensure full transparency and to get feedback from our members on these proposed amendments, the following consultation opportunities are available:
NOTE: If you are unable to participate in any of the following opportunities, or you would prefer to speak to AUSU directly, please email [email protected] or call us at 1-855-497-7003.
First Public Reading of the Bylaws:
- October 11th, 2018 at 6:30 pm MST
During the public council meeting on October 11th, 2018 at 6:30 pm MST, AUSU council will be voting on the first reading of the proposed AUSU bylaw and policy amendments. All members are welcome to attend, and there will be a Q&A period during the meeting where members can ask questions or provide feedback.
AUSU uses an online conferencing system. To join the meeting, go to https://athabasca.pgimeet.com/CouncilAUSU and follow the prompts to join through your computer, or you may also join the teleconference meeting via audio only by calling 1-855-950-3705 and entering the participant passcode: 945844. The meeting agenda and teleconference instructions will be posted online here at least 3 business days prior to the meeting.
Second Public Reading of the Bylaws:
- November 8th, 2018 at 6:30 pm MST
Upon a successful vote at the second public council meeting on November 8th, 2018 at 6:30 pm MST, the proposed amendments to the Bylaws and policy will become official.