New Emergency Bursary Fund
Now more than ever, we need to stand together and support one another. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone, and we know that many students are struggling with extra financial burdens that are impacting their studies at AU.
To help students in this difficult time, your AU Students’ Union proudly helped sponsor an Emergency Bursary Fund, in partnership with Athabasca University and the Graduate Students’ Association, AUGSA as well as various other generous community donors.
The fund will provide a $1000 bursary to program students in financial need.
“Students supporting students – that is fundamentally what your student union is there for, and this bursary is one way we can help students during this pandemic. We were happy to invest in these bursaries with AUGSA, Athabasca University, and other donors to increase the amount of funding available.” – Natasha Donahue, AUSU President
Criteria for Undergraduate Emergency Bursary:
- Current AU student in an undergraduate program.
- Actively registered in at least one AU course at time of application.
- Completed a minimum of 3 AU credits.
- Have completed a minimum of 3 AU credits.
- Experienced an unexpected financial hardship due to a personal emergency.
- Demonstration of financial emergency that has the potential to negatively affect your AU studies.
- Submit completed application to the Student Awards Unit, Office of the Registrar at AU.
Applications are open from June 7 – 13, 2020 (at 11:59 (MT).
Find out more on the AU Website here.