New to AU? Get connected with the AU Students’ Union!
Hello, to all the new Athabasca University (AU) undergraduates!
Everyone here at the Athabasca University Students’ Union (AUSU) is excited to extend a warm welcome to all the new or recently new Athabasca University (AU) undergraduates! The knowledge and skills you gain at AU will shape your future. As you begin this new chapter, we want to introduce you to some valuable services and resources that enhance your student experience.
- Awards & Bursaries Program (Fall cycle coming soon!)
- Mobile App (Click here to download)
- Peer Course Reviews (Find out what students are saying about an AU course)
- Open Mic Podcast (Check out our latest episode: AU Deans Share Secrets to Student Success)
- The Voice Magazine (Written for AU students, by AU students)
- LinkedIn Learning (Click here to get free access)
- Virtual Food Assistance Program (students in need can enter a monthly random draw for grocery store gift cards)
- Pride Community Resources (including our 2SLGBTQIA+ Discord Server)
At AUSU, we support you every step of the way. As a student-led organization, we understand the unique challenges and triumphs that come with distance education. Our mission is to ensure that your time at AU is not only academically rewarding but socially enriching as well. We are dedicated to building an online student community that transcends geographical boundaries.
We encourage you to take a moment to explore the wide range of services AUSU offers. From academic advocacy to social events, we’ve got you covered. Subscribe to the AUSU Events Calendar to stay on top of upcoming events! Our goal is to create an inclusive and connected environment where you can thrive, no matter where you are located. You can discover all our services by visiting our website: https://www.ausu.org/services/.
Your AU Students’ Union provides opportunities to connect with fellow students, access resources that enhance your learning experience, and make your voice heard within the university. Whether you’re seeking academic guidance, looking to engage in extracurricular activities, or simply want to connect with your peers, AUSU is here to make your time at Athabasca University the best it can be.
As you begin your studies, remember that you are not alone on this journey. AUSU is here to support you and celebrate your achievements.
Once again, welcome to Athabasca University!