The following frequently asked questions pertain to AUSU, the Athabasca University Students’ Union. If you have further questions about AUSU, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about Athabasca University services, resources, procedures, or any other topic specific to the University or your studies, check out the AU Quick Links page on our website here, or contact AU directly.
There are numerous ways to get in contact with other AU students!
Get connected on the AU Student Mobile App, free courtesy of AUSU. The app has a very active campus chat community as well as lots of other great features for AU students.
Reach out to the community on the unofficial AU Facebook Group for students.
Search Facebook for “Athabasca University Group” to find other groups on Facebook, such as the Athabasca University Student Families Group, or the Athabasca University LPN-BN Group. There are many other groups based on programs out there as well.
Check out The Voice, your AUSU student publication. It is a weekly edition full of news, views, interviews, and more written by AU students, for AU students. You can also become a writer for The Voice, share articles with your fellow students, and make some extra cash while you are at it!
Many classes have a discussion option in Moodle so that classmates can chat with each other. If you are not sure if this is an option for your course, check with your tutor.
Connect with a new Alumni or fellow student for a virtual coffee date every month using the AU Alumni Connect.
Join the Discord Channel for AU students at https://discord.gg/XCcC2ppR. Check out the group chat or individual channels for each program. *Note – this is a student-run channel.
Most importantly, stay up to date with the AU Students’ Union! We hold events (in-person and virtual) throughout the year, as well as various contests and survey. We also sometimes have opportunities for students to get more directly involved, such as our Student Council elections, or open committee seats for members to fill. We post about new opportunities to get involved in our bi-weekly e-newsletter and on social media.
AUSU reaches out to our membership in a variety of ways, including:
- E-Newsletter – AUSU’s e-newsletter is sent to all of our members (except those that have unsubscribed) by email generally twice per month, with info on services, events, upcoming deadlines, news, and more! We highly recommend checking these newsletters out as there may be important information for members.
- Welcome Email – sent to all new AUSU members with info about AUSU and our services.
- Social Media – AUSU posts daily on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn with updates on services, awards and bursaries available, upcoming deadlines, events, news, and more.
- Mobile App – AUSU regularly posts deadlines, service announcement, or news to the Mobile App chat wall and the main page often features links to special promotions or information.
- Services Survey – AUSU sends out a survey to our membership annually to get feedback about membership priorities. You can review the results of past surveys on our website here.
- The Voice Magazine – The Voice Magazine is a student run online publication that features news, stories, interviews, and columns written by AU students, for AU students. AUSU posts regular updates in The Voice with each weekly edition.
- Website – AUSU’s website is the primary source for information and news about AUSU, and features regular news stories and monthly executive blogs to keep our members informed about what is going on with AU and AUSU, a listing of our upcoming events, as well as information on our services, policies, meetings, council, and more.
Members can also reach out directly to AUSU by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 1-855-497-7003
AUSU is always looking for new ways to communicate with our members, so stay tuned for updates!