Brittany Daigle

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      brittanydaigle
      Participant

Hello fellow AU students,

My name is Brittany Daigle, I am 25 years old, and I currently live in Kitchener, Ontario with my boyfriend William, my beagle Ziggs, and my Maine Coon cat Gandalf the White! I am currently in my second year of the Bachelor of Arts program with a Double Major in Psychology and Sociology at Athabasca University and I’m the Vice President Finance and Administration (VPFA) for AUSU!

When I enrolled at AU, I made it a priority to become involved. In March of 2018, I ran in AUSU’s General Election, was elected as an AUSU Council Member, and was elected into the Members Engagement and Communications Committee. Furthermore, in April of 2019, I was elected as the Chair of the Awards Committee and in May of 2019, I was elected as the VPFA, which as a result placed me as the Chair of the Finance Committee. I have absolutely loved my time sitting on and having a voice in all three of AUSU’s committees!

I have also been a consistent weekly writer for AUSU’s The Voice Magazine since November of 2017. My Course Exam column has me interviewing course coordinators, tutors, and students on different courses offered at AU to give other students the opportunity to gain some insight into courses prior to enrolling. Furthermore, my Minds We Meet column has me interviewing students who are attending AU to showcase who they are, where they are from, what their university experience has been like, and to provide a means for other students to connect with them in hopes to eliminate the feeling of isolation that comes from distance education! If interested, all my 100+ articles can be found here: https://www.voicemagazine.org/author/brittany-daigle/

If elected, I want to work towards increasing overall student interaction and member engagement, as this is an area that I have always been very passionate about. Virtual student socials, e-sports groups, and clubs are among the many ideas I have to help create a fun, engaging AU student community! I also want to ensure that Athabasca University students do not continue to see a 7% tuition increase in the upcoming years, as this would be an enormous barrier for our students, especially out of province and international students. Furthermore, I would be a strong advocate for student research opportunities, mental health resources, French students, out of province students, tax credits, quicker marking times, and choice between physical and e-textbooks!

My experience being an AUSU council member and executive committee member for the past two years has been incredible. I have learned so much and have gained a lot of valuable experience that I could bring into another two-year council term. I would love the opportunity to continue all the work that we started and work alongside another group of strong student leaders. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments!

Sincerely,

Brittany Daigle
      Mobile: 647-624-9303
      Personal Email: [email protected]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.