Vote Amber McDuffe for AUSU Council

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Amber McDuffe
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      My name is Amber McDuffe and I am running in the AUSU by-election to represent YOU. I am currently working towards a bachelor of science, human science major and psychology minor as a full time funded student while also working full time as a paramedic in Alberta and British Columbia doing both ground ambulance and helicopter medevacs.
      I was the president of a condominium corporation for 4 years and have sat as a committee member for registrations with the Alberta college of paramedics for 2 years providing regulatory over sight to the profession. I strongly believe in advocating for what is right. My former classmates in paramedic school described me as tenacious since I was not afraid to voice my concerns to our school when issues arose.
      I have been watching these forms for quite some time and I echo a lot of the same concerns most of you have with the tuition hike, delayed response and marking times from AU, the inability to get a response out of anyone at the school when you have pressing questions, exam and proctorU concerns, the switch to electronic text books without the option of hard copies unless you want to pay more. School is stressful enough as it is with deadlines and trying to juggle the other aspects of life, you don’t need to add more stress to it. If elected I promise to fight for you! I will take these concerns as high as they need to go to make sure they are addressed and I will not stop until they are. Let me be your voice and take that weight off your shoulders so you can focus on the things that matter most.
      Vote Amber McDuffe for AUSU council, thank you.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.