AUSU has offered our members FREE access to video training and resources through Lynda.com for over 6 years.
This service has provided students with unlimited access to thousands of online training videos on business, software, programming, and creative skills.
Until July 30, your Lynda.com access remains the same. Click the link below to access Lynda.com.
As of July 30, 2019, Lynda.com is upgrading to LinkedIn Learning!
LinkedIn Learning is a premier video training website, with thousands of online courses taught by industry experts in technology, software, creative, and business skills. It is designed for all learner levels and is available whenever you’re ready to learn.
LinkedIn Learning will feature all the great video training material from Lynda.com, and much more with a simple, one-point login using your Athabasca University student email account. You can also choose to add these courses and related skills to your LinkedIn profile once you’ve completed them to enhance your career development profile.
AU students especially benefit from training in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and many other software programs used for AU courses. You can also access training on Windows, Computer Programming, Photography, Photoshop, Graphics Design, Marketing, Game Design, and much more. Those seeking career help will benefit from the Business Skills courses, which include career development advice such as how to do well in an interview, and strategies for job searches.
What does this mean for you?
- Free access to industry-leading training videos and content from Lynda.com
- A highly personalized learning experience
- Insight-based recommendations to make your learning more relevant and applicable
- Learn wherever you are, whether that’s on the mobile app or on a browser through LinkedIn
- Tie LinkedIn Learning courses to your goals and career development plans
- Simple new direct sign-on with your @athabasca.edu email address
- Connect your acquired skills and courses to your LinkedIn profile
How will the upgrade happen?
- Members with an existing Lynda.com account will receive an email on July 30 to upgrade their account to LinkedIn Learning, and their course progress will transition with them.
- Members who have not set up a free Lynda.com account will be able to set up a free LinkedIn Learning account as of July 30. Just go to LinkedIn Learning and sign up using your Athabasca University email account. (Note: If you do not already have Athabasca University Office 365 email account set up, you can find information about how to do this online here.)
Who is eligible for LinkedIn Learning?
To get free access to LinkedIn Learning through AUSU, you must be a current member of AUSU. Membership is included with all AU undergraduate courses taken for credit. Membership begins on your course start date and ends when your final grade is posted or your contract date arrives, whichever comes first.
How do you access LinkedIn Learning?
Go to LinkedIn Learning to sign up. You will need to use your Athabasca University email address to get free access to LinkedIn Learning (@athabasca.edu). If you do not already have your Athabasca University email address set up, find out how to do this online here.
You can also use LinkedIn Learning through the Mobile App!
If you need help with any content within LinkedIn Learning itself, you will need to contact LinkedIn Learning Support. (Scroll to the bottom to access live chat, request a phone call, or submit a ticket).
If you have any questions about your access to LinkedIn Learning, use our Contact Form to request help. Remember, you must be in an active undergraduate AU course and sign up using your Athabasca University email address to get free access to LinkedIn Learning from AUSU.