AUSU has teamed up with VMock Inc. to provide our members with free access to the VMock web-based resume review platform!
What is Vmock?
VMock is a 24-7 online resume-review tool, that leverages data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback. It is designed to work with resumes from many different fields across various industries using global best-practices.
Use the VMock platform to:
- Get an objective score on your resume benchmarked against thousands of resumes.
- Assess how well you have marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skill set reflected in academics, experience, achievements etc.
- Receive personalized feedback line-by-line on aspects that recruiters focus on.
- Improve your resume using targeted recommendations on over 100 critical parameters such as presentation, languages, skills, and more.
- Ensure your resume is a fit for your target career.
- Re-upload or rescore your resume to see your increased score!
Comment from AU Student via email
“VMock was a great service for developing my CV. Building an academic CV was a challenge for me, having nothing to build off and it was necessary for graduate school applications, scholarship applications, and future job postings. VMock was able to prompt what specific info to include and provide helpful feedback automatically to enhance my CV. After it helped me cover all the important necessary information, it was easy to format to be visually appealing. I have submitted my VMock CV to several locations and it has made a lasting impression allowing me to pursue the next steps in my academic and professional career.”
How to Get Started
- Sign-up for VMock using your @athabasca.edu email address or whichever email address you have on record with AU.
- Once you receive the approval email (can take 1-2 business days), follow the link and click “Login“.
- Upload your resume in PDF format and get started!
Questions about Using VMock?
If you need any help navigating the VMock system, please check inside the portal for the user guides and video overview, or reach out to VMock directly at [email protected].
We recommend students sign up using the email address they have on record with Athabasca University. Please note, it can take a few business days for your request to join the VMock platform to be approved.
You must be currently in progress in an undergraduate course at Athabasca University in order to get free access to VMock courtesy of AUSU.
If you have questions about getting access to VMock or AUSU’s services, contact AUSU directly at [email protected].