The AUSU 2SLGBTQIA+ Coalition Discord Server is intended to be a safe space for the AU student 2SLGBTQIA+ community to find support, make friends, and chat about their experiences. All allies, supporters, and friends are encouraged to join the server as well.
By using the server, you acknowledge and agree to be subject to these Community Standards and Guidelines. AUSU Moderators reserve the right to remove posts and users in breach of these standards at our discretion. AUSU is committed to creating a climate of understanding and mutual respect where each person is treated equally and fairly.
Disclaimer: Member posts are the personal opinions of users and do not reflect the views of AUSU. AUSU is not responsible for the content of user posts.
Liability: AUSU shall not be held liable for any costs, claims, damages, legal fees, and losses that may be incurred by using this Server.
1. Users must be AUSU members (Athabasca University undergraduate students).
2. Users will not organize, promote, or coordinate discrimination or hate speech towards any individual or group based on race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability (including, but not limited to, physical/mobility disability, cognitive disability, mental health disability, learning disability), age, ancestry, place of origin, immigration status, marital status, source of income, and/or family status of that person or class of persons.
3. Users will not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment or defamation of Discord members. All users are subject to the guidelines outlined in AUSU’s Policy 2.12 – Harassment and Discrimination.
4. Users will not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others – including doxxing and sharing what has been said on this Server.
5. Users will not share sexually explicit content, as well as content that glorifies or promotes violence, suicide, self-harm, or illegal behavior.
6. Users will not use this Server to promote cheating, including sharing of paid homework sites, editing services, essay writing services, as well as sharing exam and assignment information. For further information, please refer to AU’s Student Code of Conduct and Right to Appeals Regulations.
7. Users will not use this platform to make complaints about specific AU or AUSU staff members or tutors. Please use appropriate channels for this. If you are not sure who to reach out to, contact [email protected]
8. Users will not post any types of commercial advertisements or sell their services.
9. Users will adhere to intellectual property and copyright law. Uploading and sharing of copyright material is strictly prohibited.
10. Users will not evade user blocks or bans or spam Discord.
If you have any questions, contact AUSU at [email protected]